kevin's journey

This is a record of my life. Thoughts, ideas, experiences, and revelations inhabit this space.

Friday, February 24, 2006

News From Dad

Thursday, February 23,2006.

Today they undertook a more aggressive chemo plan which involved many more chemicals and their backups (to protect the kidneys, liver, prevent fungi and infection in the mouth, nauseas, etc.) They IV through me quickly (within the hour) but it does have its excruciating pain on the bladder (I won't go into details). But other than that I have been relatively pain free. Lots of opportunities for ministry amongst patients. Doctors and nurses are quite reserved about religious topics. As I guess they have their protocols and training although they are respectful of our beliefs. I value your prayers.

Friday, February 24.

More chemo at 10:30 am. They run it through quick. So far the effects are similarly positive. CT scan shows the tumour on the pancreas has "shrunk" 70+ percent. Liver is still under slight stress. All else seems to be holding up. Diane is here yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Pray for her for emotional, mental, spiritual, physical strength. These trips do take their toll. Pray for me. Sleep is elusive with steriods and chemo. I get maybe three hours straight max. After that just a bit of dozing during the day. Thanks for your prayers.

-Lyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home