kevin's journey

This is a record of my life. Thoughts, ideas, experiences, and revelations inhabit this space.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Friends In High Places

Well, there was sun and fun in Alberta. The weather was good. I would say the average temp. on the weekend was about 15. On Thursday we went for a bit of an adventure along a creek. Friday brought garage sales and lots of 'em! Brendan and I hit up 20+ sales in Grande Prairie and spent only about $20 each. His trunk was full of treasures. I came back with a scratching post (for my roommate's cat), a camping stove and lantern (both run on propane), a can opener (Brendan's can opener is better but he paid 50 more cents for it...hehe), and Deer Hunter II (for PC). It was rather disappointing to find no DVDs, deep socket sets, or more camping gear. I knew I would know what I was looking for when I saw it, but I didn't see much of it in GP. Oh well! It was fun to drive around and look at what kind of junk people thought they could get money for. On Friday we also hung out with a couple of mutual friends. Saturday brought some hard labour. About an hour northeast we met Brendan's dad to help him put axles and wheels on a mobile home he had bought. The only problem was it was sitting on wet, soft ground. Turns out it took us the whole day to get it mobile. It was good to be able to help a friend. I didn't mind the workout. All in all it was a great trip and it was so good to see Brendan, Jared, and Jer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home