kevin's journey

This is a record of my life. Thoughts, ideas, experiences, and revelations inhabit this space.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Life and Purpose

Life is a beautiful thing. It's a gift. Everything we do matters. Every breath we take is because of something. Our heart and our lungs work together. Thousands of things all work together at the same time in our bodies. When they don't, our bodies cease to function properly and we die. And this is by chance? This is by some cosmic explosion that randomly happened and produced life. It produced, over time (of course), everything in our bodies that works together so intricately. No. Not this guy. I believe in a Creator God. I believe I was created to fulfill a purpose, as we all were. I won't take no for an answer. I won't listen to your pathetic excuses. Live your life and do as you please but remember, remember this: you are here on earth, your lungs cause you to breath and your heart causes your blood to flow, not because that is what they are supposed to do, no--it's much more than that. You, yes you, were created to fulfill a purpose, a plan. You better find out what the plan is and start living it out.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
-Jeremiah 29:11-13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home