kevin's journey

This is a record of my life. Thoughts, ideas, experiences, and revelations inhabit this space.

Friday, June 29, 2007

A Blessing

So I was moving someone's furniture today. It took an hour and a half and it came time to collect the money. I told the guy how much it cost and he said, "oh, i'm ten dollars short." I explained to him again how long it took and how much I charge and he again said he didn't have enough. Then he suggested we could go to the bank. I told him, "you know what, it's not worth it. Don't worry about it." A couple of minutes later I was waiting in line at Subway in a Mac's Store. I looked right beside me and there was four $20 bills sticking out of the ATM with nobody around. I grabbed the cash and right away decided it wouldn't be right to keep it. I got out of line at Subway and went over to the Mac's counter. I said, "I found this money sticking out of the bank machine with nobody around." The lady behind the counter responded, "ok, write your name and number down and we will call you next week if the money isn't claimed." That sounded alright to me so I followed her instructions. I went back in line at Subway and about a minute later this lady came up to me and touched my arm. "Are you Kevin?" I respond with a nod and a "yes." She slipped a $20 bill into my hand and said, "thank you for being so honest," as she was walking away. As I turned around to pay for my sub, the manager told me that she was buying my sub for my honesty.

Isn't God amazing? Out of compassion I took $10 less for a job and in return I received more than double that. Praise God for His faithfulness.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home