kevin's journey

This is a record of my life. Thoughts, ideas, experiences, and revelations inhabit this space.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My How the Time Has Flown

It's almost been 6 months! Wow. For those that have been checking for an update, my apologies. Christy and I flew out to Abbotsford and spent Christmas in Chilliwack with my mom, grandparents, brother (Kerey) and his Korean girlfriend, and saw some other family. It was good to be together as a family and to see my brother for a week.

Mom has been home in Nipawin since the end of February. Shortly after she came back, some of my friends graciously dug a pathway, through snow that was a few feet high, from her garage to the road so she could use her car. Her car started on the first try after sitting for quite a few months.

Mom and Christy spent the next few weeks planning Christy's wedding. Her and Nathan Harris were married on March 22nd in Nipawin. The wedding was awesome and it was good to see all kinds of family and friends again! Christy and Nathan are living in mom's newly renovated basement suite while they search for a house to buy in Nipawin. They spent about a week in Cancun, Mexico for their honeymoon.


I'm busy working full time with a man with mental disabilities. I've been working with him for nearly 16 months. I'm also mentoring a 12 year old boy with FASD once or twice a week. He's really fun to work with and we've been in this program together for 17 months. I lead and host a men's small group every week. God is doing amazing things through this group of young men! We're committed to spending time in prayer each week for each other and our church. We want to be godly leaders in our homes, churches, and community. Other than these things I like to spend my time reflecting on God and his goodness, getting to know people deeper, planning a trip to Europe, and I hope to be rollerblading really soon.

My plan for Europe is to land in London in early September of this year and spend the next 3 and a half months meeting people and sharing God's love across most of Western Europe. A friend and I plan on ending our trip at the pyramids in Egypt in mid-December. Pray that God will lead us to people who need to experience and hear about God's love for them. We are really open to where God would have us go and are not booking ourselves to be certain places at certain times. The plan is to stay at some family, friends', strangers' places, and some YWAM bases if we can. Pray that God would work out all the details.

God bless you with peace and joy today as you reflect on who He is!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home